BHATTA CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
zig-zag Bhatta company is a national Bhatta construction,
which takes the form of two parallel tunnels built side by side, connected by curved tunnels at either end.
With such an arrangement.
Sixteen chambers are about the minimum for effective working; twenty-two chambers are preferable.
Although the burning time is only about three days or four days the bricks are in the kiln.
kiln for about ten days to allow for raising the temperature and,
after burning, subsequent lowering of the temperature before unloading the chambers. or
The Hybrid Hoffman kiln is no longer in use in India.
With such an arrangement. Sixteen chambers are about the minimum for effective working; twenty-two chambers are preferable.
the burning time is only about three days and bricks are in the kiln for about ten days to allow raising the temperature and after burning, subsequent lowering of the temperature.
Hoffmann kiln was superseded because it had such a large heat absorbing mass and
and the tapering firing chambers were small and unnecessarily complicated to load.
the very large damper between chambers was cumbersome and awkward to operate.
BHATTA CONSTRUCTION CHIMNEY
the above picture has shown the square chimney of zig-zag Bhatta.
Two firing zones running simultaneously are possible on the larger kilns. and in principle,
so they do not differ from the Hoffmann Kiln,
but with a high rate of fire travel, assisted by a strong fan draught system,
air passed through the id fan in high draught kiln process or zig-zag kiln process air passed through the chimney.
Advantages of Hoffmann Bhatta:
- their use of waste heat the bricks Efficiency figures for Hoffmann kilns using coal as a fuel, in England and China and ranging from 1,800 at best to 2,350 kJ per kg fired brick at worst.
- They have the capacity to fire very large quantities of bricks evenly and with minimal wastage.
- The use of the down or cross draught system, with the fuel being burnt at regular intervals amongst the bricks, provides an even firing throughout the kiln.
- The firing is controllable by the use of the dampers and careful stoking.
- This is necessary when burning biomass fuels that have a higher mass and lower calorific value than other fuels, like coal or coke.